Lexington Health Care Awarded Joint Commission Accreditation
Lexington Health Care Center, a subsidiary of Lexington Health Network, underwent an unannounced on-site survey in January 2012. A team of Joint Commission expert surveyors evaluated Lexington for compliance with standards of care specific to the needs of residents, including infection prevention and control, leadership and medication management.
"In achieving Joint Commission accreditation, Lexington has demonstrated its commitment to the highest level of care for its residents that goes above and beyond federal and state requirements," said Gina Zimmermann, senior executive director of long-term care accreditation at The Joint Commission. "Accreditation is a voluntary process and I commend Lexington for successfully undertaking this challenge to elevate its standard of care and instill confidence in the community it serves."
Related Articles on The Joint Commission:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights
- Obama administration rejects House $1.1B Zika bill: 4 things to know