The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Joint Commission Set to Launch Tool for Wrong-Site Surgery
The Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare has announced it will launch its Targeted Solutions Tool for wrong-site surgery on Feb. 14, according to a Joint Commission report.
The tool, which was piloted in eight facilities, identifies specific areas of weakness on which improvement can be focused, and enables management to measure those weaknesses, according to the report.
The tool will be available to Joint Commission-accredited organizations.
More Articles Featuring Joint Commission:Patient Education Tool: 'Speak Up: What You Should Know About Stroke' Brochure
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Accreditation Tip: Be CandidRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA