Joint Commission Announces 20,000 Accredited and Certified Organizations
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital, a hospital dedicated to the treatment of patients with stroke, brain injury or other debilitating conditions in Oklahoma City, Okla., was announced as the milestone organization.
"Because of the efforts of Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital and all of the 20,000 accredited and certified health care organizations that have chosen to meet The Joint Commission's high standards for health care quality, millions of Americans have the opportunity to receive better, safer care," says Mark R. Chassin, M.D., FACP, M.P.P., M.P.H., president, The Joint Commission.
The Joint Commission was founded in 1951 to improve the safety and quality of healthcare for the public.
Learn more about The Joint Commission.
Related Articles on Surgery Center Accreditation:
Erie Shriners ASC Achieves Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval
ASCA Submits Comments for Proposed ASC Facility Guidelines
5 Surgery Centers Achieve Accreditation
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Ambulatory Surgical Center Quality and Access Act of 2017 introduced in House: 5 key notes
- GI leader to know: Dr. Saleem Desai of Los Angeles Gastroenterology Institute
- Brookings Ambulatory Surgery Center earns AAAHC accreditation: 3 notes
- Capital Digestive Care adds Dr. Darryn Potosky: 3 notes
- Adults with disabilities screened less often for colorectal cancer: 4 study insights