Examples of Surgical Safety Checklists Used Worldwide
The World Health Organization encourages organizations to adapt the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist to their own needs (subject to certain requirements).
To help organizations come up with their ideas for how to adapt the checklist for use in their own facility, the WHO offers this list of viewable, adapted checklists from organizations including the Mayo Clinic, Children's Hospital Boston and Gundersen Lutheran Health System.
If organizations intend to adapt the checklist, the WHO offers this adaptation guide (pdf).
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- C-arm for orthopedic surgery: Radiation exposure 'well within permissible limits'
- Medications, dietary supplements are a dangerous mixture — 3 things to know
- 10 initial steps following ASC medical errors
- FMT helps reduce recurring episodes of C. Diff in children: 4 findings
- GIQuIC registry hits 3M colonoscopy cases: 5 things to know