Examples of Surgical Safety Checklists Used Worldwide
The World Health Organization encourages organizations to adapt the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist to their own needs (subject to certain requirements).
To help organizations come up with their ideas for how to adapt the checklist for use in their own facility, the WHO offers this list of viewable, adapted checklists from organizations including the Mayo Clinic, Children's Hospital Boston and Gundersen Lutheran Health System.
If organizations intend to adapt the checklist, the WHO offers this adaptation guide (pdf).
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Why ASCs should prioritize personalities in staff recruitment: Select Physicians Surgery Center's administrator shares insight
- AAAHC names Dr. Vicky Gordon interim president & CEO: 3 notes
- Emergent BioSolutions receives contract for Zika vaccine: 4 things know
- Obama administration to update Medicare Part B payment proposal, but will this be enough to squash opposition?
- Illinois Department of Insurance approves $37B Aetna, Humana merger: 4 key points