Patient Safety Tool: Central Line Insertion Care Team Checklist Developed by Johns Hopkins Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine developed a checklist for clinicians to follow to prevent central line-associated infections.
This checklist also stresses the need to document any deviations from the checklist.
It has been adapted and used by organizations nationwide and proven to reduce the rate of potentially lethal bloodstream infections.
To view this checklist, which you can adapt for use in your facility, click here.
View other helpful patient safety and accreditation tools and checklists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- AmSurg Q2 earnings per share predicted at $1.20, Nobilis creates bundled payment initiative & more — 6 key notes
- 9 new ASCs and outpatient surgery centers in April 2016
- Joint Commission updates stance on texting orders
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: April 25 - April 29
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences elects Dr. John Carethers: 4 things to know