Patient Safety Tool: Central Line Insertion Care Team Checklist Developed by Johns Hopkins Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine developed a checklist for clinicians to follow to prevent central line-associated infections.
This checklist also stresses the need to document any deviations from the checklist.
It has been adapted and used by organizations nationwide and proven to reduce the rate of potentially lethal bloodstream infections.
To view this checklist, which you can adapt for use in your facility, click here.
View other helpful patient safety and accreditation tools and checklists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Destiny Surgery Center gets accreditation: 5 key notesRead Now
- Dr. Julie Servoss: A GI tech must-have
- GI society roundtable: Putting together the game plan for potential colonoscopy cuts
- 5 critical steps to developing an ASC risk management program
- Researchers reconstruct ancient virus to enhance gene therapy — 5 notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Jacques Van Dam of USC's Keck School Medicine