Patient Safety Tool: Central Line Insertion Care Team Checklist Developed by Johns Hopkins Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine developed a checklist for clinicians to follow to prevent central line-associated infections.
This checklist also stresses the need to document any deviations from the checklist.
It has been adapted and used by organizations nationwide and proven to reduce the rate of potentially lethal bloodstream infections.
To view this checklist, which you can adapt for use in your facility, click here.
View other helpful patient safety and accreditation tools and checklists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Total joint replacement in ASCs: 10 years & counting for Pacific Rim Outpatient Surgery Center — 5 things to know
- 10 largest ASC chains in the US
- Panel favors AmSurg in non-compete controversy with physicians: 5 things to know
- AAAASF grants accreditation to Salmon Creek Plastic Surgery: 4 key notes
- eSutures moves to new headquarters in Mokena, IL: 5 key notes