Patient Safety Tool: Central Line Insertion Care Team Checklist Developed by Johns Hopkins Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine developed a checklist for clinicians to follow to prevent central line-associated infections.
This checklist also stresses the need to document any deviations from the checklist.
It has been adapted and used by organizations nationwide and proven to reduce the rate of potentially lethal bloodstream infections.
To view this checklist, which you can adapt for use in your facility, click here.
View other helpful patient safety and accreditation tools and checklists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Innovation in GI: Advances in gastroenterology technology & technique
- A game changer for GI — Dr. Anthony Starpoli on how the TIF procedure can control regurgitation
- How to create a strategic partnership with a hospital
- 9 states with the highest & lowest physician salaries
- Frenetic consolidation: The anesthesia market today & where ASCs fit in