The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Central Line Insertion Care Team Checklist Developed by Johns Hopkins Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine developed a checklist for clinicians to follow to prevent central line-associated infections.
This checklist also stresses the need to document any deviations from the checklist.
It has been adapted and used by organizations nationwide and proven to reduce the rate of potentially lethal bloodstream infections.
To view this checklist, which you can adapt for use in your facility, click here.
View other helpful patient safety and accreditation tools and checklists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
DEA clarifies drug disposal requirementsRead Now
- Qui tam suits on the rise emphasizes need for ASC compliance plans
- To prevent patient leakage, turn to technology
- Real estate considerations for ASCs
- The Amazon.com for ASCs: Using collaborative consumption to improve the bottom line
- Lolo Jones shares lessons for overcoming failure at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting