Patient Safety Tool: Central Line Insertion Care Team Checklist Developed by Johns Hopkins Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine developed a checklist for clinicians to follow to prevent central line-associated infections.
This checklist also stresses the need to document any deviations from the checklist.
It has been adapted and used by organizations nationwide and proven to reduce the rate of potentially lethal bloodstream infections.
To view this checklist, which you can adapt for use in your facility, click here.
View other helpful patient safety and accreditation tools and checklists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Healthcare stakeholders play the blame game over drug prices: 5 things to know
- Tenet shares plummet 4.2% — 4 takeaways
- 4 key notes on Merritt Healthcare's spinoff focused on M&A activity
- Pediatric dental, medical procedures performed in single visit reduce anesthesia exposure: 5 study insights
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease associated with $103B in annual medical costs: 3 study insights