Patient Safety Tool: Central Line Insertion Care Team Checklist Developed by Johns Hopkins Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine developed a checklist for clinicians to follow to prevent central line-associated infections.
This checklist also stresses the need to document any deviations from the checklist.
It has been adapted and used by organizations nationwide and proven to reduce the rate of potentially lethal bloodstream infections.
To view this checklist, which you can adapt for use in your facility, click here.
View other helpful patient safety and accreditation tools and checklists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Republican senators bring ACA alternative to the table — 5 things to know
- North America dominates expansive hand hygiene market: 4 points
- Aetna, Humana shares plummet following news of blocked merger — 4 things to note
- Digestive diseases led to 20.4M ambulatory surgical procedures in 2010: 5 key statistics
- MVP Health Care voices support for independent physicians' freestanding ASC proposal — 5 points