AORN Awards Seal of Recognition to Cardinal Health for Educational Materials on Facial Protection
The Association of periOperative Registered Nurses has awarded Cardinal Health with the AORN Seal of Recognition for educational materials focused on facial protection, according to a news release from AORN.
Cardinal received the award for its free program titled "Behind the mask; your complete guide to facial protection." It is an educational program designed to help the surgical team better understand patient and employee safety during surgery, focusing on facial protection. Features of the program include guidance for selecting appropriate procedural masks and information on the role of facial protection in avoiding occupational hazards.
Programs and activities that are awarded the AORN Seal of Recognition have been reviewed and evaluated according to the AORN perioperative standards and recommended practices by AORN registered nurse reviewers. The Seal of Recognition is not a product endorsement.
"The education materials submitted by Cardinal Health are informative and meet the association's standards for excellence in safe patient care, said Joan Blanchard, MSS, BSN, RN, CNOR, CIC, perioperative nursing specialist for AORN, in the release. "Perioperative nurses can be confident in the content of these education [materials]."
More Articles Featuring AORN:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CBO: ACA repeal could cause 26M to lose coverage by 2026: 6 findings
- Ortho Montana, St. Vincent Healthcare & Yellowstone Surgery Center expand outpatient services through Montana Ambulatory Care Campus: 4 highlights
- UnitedHealth Group earnings jump 56% in Q4, Optum segment drives major growth: 5 key points
- Rep. Tom Price takes heat for 6 healthcare company investments
- Trump meets with 2 Silicon Valley insiders over FDA position: 5 things to know