AORN Awards Seal of Recognition to Cardinal Health for Educational Materials on Facial Protection
The Association of periOperative Registered Nurses has awarded Cardinal Health with the AORN Seal of Recognition for educational materials focused on facial protection, according to a news release from AORN.
Cardinal received the award for its free program titled "Behind the mask; your complete guide to facial protection." It is an educational program designed to help the surgical team better understand patient and employee safety during surgery, focusing on facial protection. Features of the program include guidance for selecting appropriate procedural masks and information on the role of facial protection in avoiding occupational hazards.
Programs and activities that are awarded the AORN Seal of Recognition have been reviewed and evaluated according to the AORN perioperative standards and recommended practices by AORN registered nurse reviewers. The Seal of Recognition is not a product endorsement.
"The education materials submitted by Cardinal Health are informative and meet the association's standards for excellence in safe patient care, said Joan Blanchard, MSS, BSN, RN, CNOR, CIC, perioperative nursing specialist for AORN, in the release. "Perioperative nurses can be confident in the content of these education [materials]."
More Articles Featuring AORN:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Castle Connolly recognizes Dr. Semih Gungor as a top NY doctor: 4 things to know
- Penn State researchers develop care plan for Crohn's disease complications: 5 insights
- Study finds dietary fiber may reduce IBD flares: 5 insights
- Latest payer ACA departures further limit consumers' options — 5 takeaways
- Physicians Endoscopy appoints Guidon Partners Founder Greg Roth to board of directors following Kelso deal: 4 highlights