AAAHC Releases New Health Plan Standards for Accreditation
The new standards comply with quality measurement reporting and other requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The updated chapters include quality improvement and management; environment of care and safety; and dental health behavioral health.
The survey reviews administrative office functions and a selection of the health plan's medical care providers for how the health plan is serving patients and providers. The standards can be used with HMOs, Prepaid Health Centers, Physician Sponsored Networks, Dental Health Plans and Behavioral Health Plans.
More Articles on Accreditation:
Tomball Regional Medical Center Receives Joint Commission's Gold Standard
5 Tips to Ace Surgery Center Accreditation
8 Recent Provider Accreditations
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Dr. Megan Olejniczak to travel to Rwanda as part of medical mission trip: 4 notes
- 4 GI physicians in the news – Oct. 9, 2015
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. James Dimitroff of St. Louis Gastroenterology Consultants
- 10 things to know about medical malpractice
- SCA stock trades down 5.9%: 3 things to know