AAAHC CEO John Burke to Retire in 2015
Under Dr. Burke as CEO, AAAHC expanded its accreditation services and increased financial success. Some of his milestone achievements include the growth of the operating budget from $2 million to $20 million, the increase in accredited organizations from 600 to 6,000 and the establishment of AAAHC International.
With more than 40 years of experience in healthcare, Dr. Burke began his career as an associate professor and department chairman in the School of Allied Medical Professions at The Ohio State University in Columbus and later joined the College of Associated Health Professions at the University of Illinois at Chicago as an associate dean and professor. Dr. Burke also managed programs in medical communications and scientific relations for Abbott Laboratories in Abbott Park, Ill.
"Dr. Burke challenged AAAHC to become a leader in healthcare quality and performance measurement, to continuously expand and improve our programs and surveys, and to evolve our peer-review, consultative approach to accreditation," said W. Patrick Davey, MD, chair of the AAAHC board of directors, in a news release.
More Articles on the AAAHC:
Cleveland Clinic 1st to Earn Joint Commission's Medical Home Certification
AAAHC Approved to Accredit Medical Homes in Montana
Inside the Medicare Accreditation Process: 5 Crucial Points From ASC Inspector Dr. David Watts
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Surgery Partners acquires Riverside Pain Physicians; Cantor Fitzgerald analyst claims AmSurg's latest merger leaves its ASC business' future hanging in the balance & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 6 best injection practices for your healthcare facility
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: June 20 — June 24
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hemant Roy of Boston Medical Center
- Dr. Paul Levy joins Mountain Medical Associates: 3 points