AAAHC Announces 2012-2013 Board Officers
The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care announced its new board officers for 2012-2013.
In addition to the new board officers, AAAHC announced a title change for the executive vice president and CEO, John Burke, PhD, who was named president and CEO of AAAHC. The new officers include:
• Chair of the Board — Karen McKellar, who represents the Medical Group Management Association on the board, served as vice president of the board in 2011-2012, treasurer in 2010-2011 and secretary in 2009-2010.
• Vice Chair of the Board — Margaret Spear, MD, who represents the American College Health Association on the board, serves as an adjunct professor and clinical professor of medicine at Pennsylvania State University in Hershey and as director of Penn State's Health Services.
• Treasurer — W. Patrick Davey, MD, MBA, FACP, who represents the American Academy of Dermatology on the board, serves on the AAAHC Governing Council and is vice chair of the Accreditation Committee.
• Secretary — Timothy Peterson, MD, is the chief medical officer of Evercare Select, a program contractor with the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System in Phoenix. Dr. Peterson first became an AAAHC surveyor in 1995 and serves on the AAAHC Surveyor Training and Education Committee.
Related Articles on AAAHC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 Areas That Trip Up ASCs During Accreditation Evaluations
- CMS Loosens Medicaid Enrollment Process
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- Joint Commission Appoints Mark Pelletier COO, Division of Accreditation, Certification
- Johns Hopkins: Blood Transfusions Overused During Surgery