AAAASF Develops New Medicare Certification 3-Disc Educational Tool
The education committee of the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities has announced the development of a three-disc DVD/CD package for Medicare certification, according to an AAAASF news release.
The set, titled "Medicare Accreditation Assistant for Achieving AAAASF Medicare Accreditation/Certification," is intended to assist ambulatory surgery centers in the accreditation process.
"After years of listening to physicians' questions about our Medicare accreditation process and what they need to get started, we have developed this tremendous product to ease the pain and answer many frequently asked questions," said AAAASF President Harlan Pollock, MD, in the release. "We hope that this educational tool will help prevent some procrastination and allow medical practices to move forward on Medicare accreditation more efficiently."
Features of the set include a step-by-step guided tour through the accreditation program, an explanation of the inspection process, including how the survey team will conduct the Medicare survey, and a disc that provides a template for the development of a Medicare-compliant policy and procedure manual.
Learn more about AAAASF.
More Articles Featuring AAAASF:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Healthcare accreditation leader to know: Dr. Ronald Wyatt of The Joint CommissionRead Now
- President Obama enlists Anthem, Cigna and Ceasars Entertainment to help study medical billing
- 20k gains in ambulatory care employment, healthcare jobs recession resistant
- Professional advice in GI: 2 gastroenterologists on the words that helped shape their careers
- 7 things for gastroenterologists to know for today – March 27, 2015
- SCA announces price of secondary common stock: 5 things to know