8 Steps to Improve Robotic Surgery Protocols
1. Develop credentialing guidelines and follow them.
2. Create an ongoing professional performance evaluation with robotic surgery measures and riggers.
3. Ensure staff competency and credentialing for robotic surgery.
4. Provide patient assessment to ensure robotic surgery is the appropriate approach.
5. Improve operating room team communication, keeping the positioning of the robotic console in mind.
6. Standardize OR processes including the count process.
7. Monitor robotic procedures with standardized measures to gauge providers' skill in the procedure.
8. Maintain a comprehensive and consistent quality review process for patient safety in robotic surgery.
More Articles on Accreditation:
2 AmSurg Centers Completes AAAHC Surveys
CDC Releases 2 Videos on Safe Injections
After a Joint Venture, What Happens to Accreditation?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Innovation in GI: Advances in gastroenterology technology & technique
- A game changer for GI — Dr. Anthony Starpoli on how the TIF procedure can control regurgitation
- How to create a strategic partnership with a hospital
- 9 states with the highest & lowest physician salaries
- Frenetic consolidation: The anesthesia market today & where ASCs fit in