The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
7 Statistics on Surgery Center Outcomes From the ASC Association (2Q 2011)
Here are seven statistics on ambulatory surgery center outcomes from the ASC Association's Outcomes Monitoring Project 2nd Quarter (April-June) 2011 Report, which saw more than 600 ASCs participating in the survey.
1. 90.8 percent of responding ASCs were accredited.
2. Average payor mix:
- 42.2 percent commercial
- 30.0 percent Medicare
- 5.7 percent Medicaid
- 5.7 percent workers' comp
- 16.5 percent other
3. 57.3 percent of responding ASCs were single-specialty.
4. On average, 67.2 percent of patient encounters started on time.
5. 59.4 percent of responding ASCs reported an operating room time per patient encounter of between 21.0 and 60.9 minutes.
6. 99.8 percent of reporting ASCs had a malignant hyperthermia rate of 0.00 per 1,000 patient encounters.
7. 81.3 percent of responding ASCs reported no hemorrhage or excessive bleeding per 1,000 patient encounters.
More Articles Featuring the ASC Association:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies