7 Statistics on Surgery Center Outcomes From the ASC Association (2Q 2011)
Here are seven statistics on ambulatory surgery center outcomes from the ASC Association's Outcomes Monitoring Project 2nd Quarter (April-June) 2011 Report, which saw more than 600 ASCs participating in the survey.
1. 90.8 percent of responding ASCs were accredited.
2. Average payor mix:
- 42.2 percent commercial
- 30.0 percent Medicare
- 5.7 percent Medicaid
- 5.7 percent workers' comp
- 16.5 percent other
3. 57.3 percent of responding ASCs were single-specialty.
4. On average, 67.2 percent of patient encounters started on time.
5. 59.4 percent of responding ASCs reported an operating room time per patient encounter of between 21.0 and 60.9 minutes.
6. 99.8 percent of reporting ASCs had a malignant hyperthermia rate of 0.00 per 1,000 patient encounters.
7. 81.3 percent of responding ASCs reported no hemorrhage or excessive bleeding per 1,000 patient encounters.
More Articles Featuring the ASC Association:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers