5 Steps to Safer Injections
tips on safer injection practices from Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
1. Never use a single-dose or single-use vial for more than one patient, case, procedure or injection.
2. Select the smallest medication vial that meets your treatment/purchasing needs.
3. Multi-dose vials should be dedicated to a single patient, when possible. If not, they should not be stored in the immediate patient treatment area.
4. Discard single-dose vials after they have been opened or accessed or after expiration.
5. Discard medication when sterility is not verifiable.
More Articles on Accreditation:
Joint Commission Tips for Publicizing Accreditation
AAAHC Features Safe Injection Practices
What are the Top Root Causes of Surgical Sentinel Events
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
CMS approves Yorkville Endoscopy's plan to stay openRead Now
- ASC staff management primer: 10 key articles for surgery center leaders
- Dr. Jacquelyn Short joins LaFollette Eye Clinic
- Engage the disengaged: 9 tips for underperforming employees
- Flexion Therapeutics prices underwritten public offering of 5.04M shares
- CMS approves Yorkville Endoscopy's plan to stay open