10 HFAP-Accredited Facilities Named Distinguished HospitalThere were 10 hospitals accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program that were honored as a Healthgrades 2013 Distinguished Hospital.
The award recognizes the top 5 percent of hospitals in the country for clinical excellence, measuring outcomes across 19 of 27 most common inpatient procedures. Additional factors considered include risk-adjusted mortality and in-hospital complications.
HFAP facilities recognized include:
• John C. Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital of Phoenix
• Memorial Hospital of Belleville, Ill.
• Resurrection Medical Center of Chicago
• Franciscan St. Francis Health of Indianapolis
• Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital of Lafayette
• Mercy Health Partners Hackley Campus of Muskegon, Mich.
• Metro Health Hospital of Wyoming
• Mount Clemens (Mich.) Regional Medical Center
• Grandview Medical Center of Dayton
• South Pointe Hospital of Warrensville Heights (Ohio)
More Articles on HFAP:
Key Issues in Healthcare Facility Accreditation
Accreditors as Partners: Choosing Accreditors That Align With Hospital Strategy
7 Steps to Align a Health System's Accreditation Programs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the free Becker's Operating Room Clinical Quality & Infection Control E-Weekly, which focuses on clinical quality, infection control, patient safety and accreditation, click here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition