Vanderbilt University Medical Center Names Dr. Andrew Shaw Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Division Chief
Dr. Shaw has practiced cardiothoracic anesthesiology and critical care medicine for more than 20 years in the United Kingdom and the United States. He has co-authored three textbooks and more than 120 original papers. He has previously as an associate professor in Durham, N.C.-based Duke University's division of cardiothoracic anesthesiology and critical care medicine.
Dr. Shaw earned his medical degree at St. Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College, University of London, in the United Kingdom. He also completed his residency and fellowship training in the U.K.
More Articles on Anesthesia:MEDNAX Acquires Anesthesia and Pain Management Group
Anesthesiologist Compensation: 5 Points
Dr. Guy Cavaliere Joins AllCare Clinical Associates
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Aetna, Humana shares plummet following news of blocked merger — 4 things to note
- Digestive diseases led to 20.4M ambulatory surgical procedures in 2010: 5 key statistics
- MVP Health Care voices support for independent physicians' freestanding ASC proposal — 5 points
- New York State Common Retirement Fund bolsters stake in AmSurg in Q3 — 4 quick notes
- Data breaches jump 40% in 2016 — 4 highlights