Vanderbilt University Medical Center Names Dr. Andrew Shaw Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Division Chief
Dr. Shaw has practiced cardiothoracic anesthesiology and critical care medicine for more than 20 years in the United Kingdom and the United States. He has co-authored three textbooks and more than 120 original papers. He has previously as an associate professor in Durham, N.C.-based Duke University's division of cardiothoracic anesthesiology and critical care medicine.
Dr. Shaw earned his medical degree at St. Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College, University of London, in the United Kingdom. He also completed his residency and fellowship training in the U.K.
More Articles on Anesthesia:MEDNAX Acquires Anesthesia and Pain Management Group
Anesthesiologist Compensation: 5 Points
Dr. Guy Cavaliere Joins AllCare Clinical Associates
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Increasing number of opioid-related hospitalizations impacts healthcare costs — 5 points
- US physicians still don't see the need for celiac disease screening — 5 takeaways
- Dr. Sven Hida performs Albany Medical Center's 1st POEM procedure — 5 highlights
- Diluted apple juice found to be helpful in treating children with mild gastroenteritis — 5 points
- Gastroenterologist to know: Dr. Lawrence Brandt of Albert Einstein Medical College