University of Michigan Health Startup Receives FDA Clearance for Patient Monitoring Software
announced that AlertWatch, a U-M startup company focused on helping anesthesiologists, has achieved U.S. Food and Drug Administration clearance to sell its patient monitoring software to hospitals.
AlertWatch's software aggregates data from physiological monitors, anesthesia records, lab results and medical history to help anesthesia providers monitor patients in the operating room.
AlertWatch was founded in 2012 by anesthesiologist Kevin Tremper, MD, chair of the department of anesthesiology in the University of Michigan Medical School.
More Articles on Anesthesia:12 Challenges for Anesthesia Groups Next Year
Anesthesia Group Acquisition Activity Grows in 2013
Presence United Samaritans Medical Center Honors Dr. Carmen Rocco
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Washington University Appoints Robert Gereau as Dr. Seymour and Rose T. Brown Professor of AnesthesiologyRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers