Symbios Aims to Raise $6.75M for Anesthesia-Dispensing Pump
Device maker Symbios Medical Products is aiming to raise $6.75 million for an anesthesia-dispensing pump designed to improve postoperative recovery, according to a Medcity News report.
Symbios manufactures portable, disposable pain pumps that attach to catheters to deliver non-narcotic pain medication to a specific area of the body below the neck. The company is seeking funding for its GOBlock product, a peripheral nerve block pump that can provide anesthesia for up to six days. Patients and physicians can track the progress of infusion through the transparent shell of the pump.
Related Articles on Anesthesia:Research Shows General Anesthesia Causes Internal 'Jet-Lag'
Fentanyl Tops Drug Shortage List For Anesthesiologists
Anesthesiologist Studies Survival Rate of Helicopter Transport Patients
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Steps to Reach Healthcare Performance Measure Potential
- 8 Trends Shaping the Present & Future of Gastroenterology
- 8 Ideas on Public Relations Programs for ASCs Without Large Marketing Budgets From Central Maine Orthopaedics
- Perceived Value and Longevity for Surgical Specialties and CONs
- Job Opening: Director, Revenue Management at Surgical Care Affiliates