Patient Safety Tool: AANA's Conscious Sedation Brochure
The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists offers a free, downloadable brochure for patients which provides answers to questions about conscious sedation.
The brochure, titled "Conscious Sedation: What Patients Should Expect," answers questions including:
- What is conscious sedation?
- When is conscious sedation administered?
- Who can administer conscious sedation?
- What the side effects of conscious sedation?
The brochure also provides a list of questions patients should ask about conscious sedation prior to their procedure.
Download the AANA brochure on conscious sedation (pdf) for use in your facility.
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About