Patient Safety Tool: AANA's Conscious Sedation Brochure
The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists offers a free, downloadable brochure for patients which provides answers to questions about conscious sedation.
The brochure, titled "Conscious Sedation: What Patients Should Expect," answers questions including:
- What is conscious sedation?
- When is conscious sedation administered?
- Who can administer conscious sedation?
- What the side effects of conscious sedation?
The brochure also provides a list of questions patients should ask about conscious sedation prior to their procedure.
Download the AANA brochure on conscious sedation (pdf) for use in your facility.
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Zacks weighs in on Tenet shares — 3 notes
- 4 key points on NYU Langone Medical Center & Winthrop-University Hospital's affiliation & their growing ASC network
- Top 10 states with the highest HIV diagnoses rates
- 5 things to know about the new healthcare scam linked to the ACA
- Auditors claim Obama administration illegally distributed payments to payers under ACA reinsurance program — 5 key points