Patient Safety Tool: AANA's Conscious Sedation Brochure
The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists offers a free, downloadable brochure for patients which provides answers to questions about conscious sedation.
The brochure, titled "Conscious Sedation: What Patients Should Expect," answers questions including:
- What is conscious sedation?
- When is conscious sedation administered?
- Who can administer conscious sedation?
- What the side effects of conscious sedation?
The brochure also provides a list of questions patients should ask about conscious sedation prior to their procedure.
Download the AANA brochure on conscious sedation (pdf) for use in your facility.
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Surgicenter of Kansas City to Break Ground on New, Larger Facility
- Olympus Supports Initiatives in Honor of National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- AGA, ACG, ASGE: The Value of Colonoscopy
- Brightree Announces 100% of Claims Submitted During ICD-10 Testing Week Accepted
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market to Reach $6.5B by 2018