Patient Safety Tool: AANA's Conscious Sedation Brochure
The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists offers a free, downloadable brochure for patients which provides answers to questions about conscious sedation.
The brochure, titled "Conscious Sedation: What Patients Should Expect," answers questions including:
- What is conscious sedation?
- When is conscious sedation administered?
- Who can administer conscious sedation?
- What the side effects of conscious sedation?
The brochure also provides a list of questions patients should ask about conscious sedation prior to their procedure.
Download the AANA brochure on conscious sedation (pdf) for use in your facility.
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Darren Brenner of Northwestern Medicine
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories – Week of Oct. 5 to Oct. 9
- North Shore Medical Center honors Dr. Wilfred Lewis: 3 notes
- Orthopaedic Associates of Wisconsin becomes 1st in state to implement Navio robotic surgical system: 4 things to know
- High Pointe Surgery Center owners, operators host international delegation: 5 key notes