Patient Safety Tool: AANA's Conscious Sedation Brochure
The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists offers a free, downloadable brochure for patients which provides answers to questions about conscious sedation.
The brochure, titled "Conscious Sedation: What Patients Should Expect," answers questions including:
- What is conscious sedation?
- When is conscious sedation administered?
- Who can administer conscious sedation?
- What the side effects of conscious sedation?
The brochure also provides a list of questions patients should ask about conscious sedation prior to their procedure.
Download the AANA brochure on conscious sedation (pdf) for use in your facility.
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 8 statistics on NP, PA salary and satisfaction
- 4 strategies for ASC leaders to successfully lead a team
- UnitedHealth Group pushes back expiration date on SCA offer exchange; Medical Facilities Corp. increases surgical volume by 7.6% in FY 2016 & more — 5 notes
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology