Masimo Rainbow Respiratory Monitor Cleared by FDA for Pediatric Use
Previously, clinicians could only use the continuous, noninvasive respiration rate monitor for adult patients.
The monitoring device uses an adhesive sensor applied to the patient's neck to track respiratory vital signs for post-surgical patients and those receiving patient-controlled analgesia.
More Articles on Anesthesia:
Anesthesiologists Urge CMS, ONC to Continue Hardship Exemption Through MU Stage 3
11 Statistics on Anesthesiologists' Compensation by Practice Setting
FDA Issues Class 1 Recall for Hospira GemStar Infusion for Battery Malfunction
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Evaluating pain management protocols in the age of new patient care models
- Are more physician-owned hospitals on the horizon? Legislation introduced to lift the ban
- Trump plans to roll out healthcare plan in March — 4 points
- 10 most common sentinel events in Q2 2016
- Patient expectation correlates to physician antibodies prescribing patterns