Masimo Rainbow Respiratory Monitor Cleared by FDA for Pediatric Use
Masimo's Rainbow Acoustic Monitoring sensor, RAS-125 Acoustic Respiration Cloth Sensor, was granted FDA 510(k) clearance for monitoring pediatric patients.
Previously, clinicians could only use the continuous, noninvasive respiration rate monitor for adult patients.
The monitoring device uses an adhesive sensor applied to the patient's neck to track respiratory vital signs for post-surgical patients and those receiving patient-controlled analgesia.
More Articles on Anesthesia:
Anesthesiologists Urge CMS, ONC to Continue Hardship Exemption Through MU Stage 3
11 Statistics on Anesthesiologists' Compensation by Practice Setting
FDA Issues Class 1 Recall for Hospira GemStar Infusion for Battery Malfunction
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 6 Recent Key Notes on ASC Management & Development Companies – Northstar Healthcare, Physicians Endoscopy, USPI & More
- SGR Repeal to Cost $153.2B: CBO
- 5 Ways Professional Connections on Social Media Can Help Physicians
- 10 Do's & Don'ts of EHR Implementation
- Sports Medicine ASCs: 7 Orthopedic Surgeons on Future Challenges & Opportunities