Masimo Rainbow Respiratory Monitor Cleared by FDA for Pediatric Use
Masimo's Rainbow Acoustic Monitoring sensor, RAS-125 Acoustic Respiration Cloth Sensor, was granted FDA 510(k) clearance for monitoring pediatric patients.
Previously, clinicians could only use the continuous, noninvasive respiration rate monitor for adult patients.
The monitoring device uses an adhesive sensor applied to the patient's neck to track respiratory vital signs for post-surgical patients and those receiving patient-controlled analgesia.
More Articles on Anesthesia:
Anesthesiologists Urge CMS, ONC to Continue Hardship Exemption Through MU Stage 3
11 Statistics on Anesthesiologists' Compensation by Practice Setting
FDA Issues Class 1 Recall for Hospira GemStar Infusion for Battery Malfunction
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
FDA approves 1st patient-controlled patch for postoperative pain managementRead Now
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center implements Plexus IS' anesthesia system — 4 things to know
- 31 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- GI physician to know: Dr. Arvind Movva of Gastroenterology Consultants
- Bristol Hospital opens new outpatient orthopedic and spine center: 6 key notes
- Man diagnosed with Lassa fever dies in US: 7 things to know