Dr. Richard Berlin to lead Operation Smile's inaugural obstetric fistula repair mission
Richard Berlin, MD, has been tapped to lead the first-ever obstetric fistula repair mission for Operation Smile, an international children's medical aid organization.
The mission is a pilot program for Operation Smile, which aims to establish a full-time care center for women with obstetric fistulas in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Dr. Berlin, a Sheridan Healthcare anesthesiologist, will travel to the DRC with Julie Kang, MD, a Sheridan Healthcare obstetrician, and Jean Miles, MD, a Sheridan anesthesiologist as well as a team of local physicians, surgeons and nurses for two weeks. Dr. Berlin also serves as Operation Smile's associate CMO.
More articles on anesthesia:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CDC chief fears deadly Candida auris could spread: 6 notes
- Survey says 33% of providers using telehealth services
- Payer group advocates for continuing cost sharing reductions — 4 key notes
- The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety adds associate editors
- Northwest Ohio Orthopedics & Sports Medicine opening surgery center: 4 key notes