CMS Braces for 27% Mandated Sustainable Growth Rate Cut in 2013
American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Both CMS and ASA have expressed disappointment that Congress has failed to address the mandated Medicare cuts, but Congressional leaders have said the "fiscal cliff" takes precedence over addressing the SGR, according to the report.
Claims for services prior to Jan. 1 will be paid according to the current fee schedule, and providers have a legal obligation to pay claims within 14 days. CMS said it will notify health professionals before Jan. 11, 2013, with the status of the fee schedule.
More Articles on Anesthesia:
Ned Russell, Dr. Mark Rogers Named to SmartTots Executive Board
SIS Named Top Anesthesia Management Solution
North American Partners in Anesthesia Acquires Two Pennsylvania Practices
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
MEDNAX acquires MEMAC AssociatesRead Now
- Pain physicians - Beware of your CPA's advice on asset protection: The advice you get may be inaccurate
- President Barack Obama using Oregon Trail to drum-up young health insurance enrollees
- AAAHC accredits the Illinois University Student Health Services
- 15 statistics on ASC hours per case
- ASC by the numbers: 13 statistics