CMS Braces for 27% Mandated Sustainable Growth Rate Cut in 2013
American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Both CMS and ASA have expressed disappointment that Congress has failed to address the mandated Medicare cuts, but Congressional leaders have said the "fiscal cliff" takes precedence over addressing the SGR, according to the report.
Claims for services prior to Jan. 1 will be paid according to the current fee schedule, and providers have a legal obligation to pay claims within 14 days. CMS said it will notify health professionals before Jan. 11, 2013, with the status of the fee schedule.
More Articles on Anesthesia:
Ned Russell, Dr. Mark Rogers Named to SmartTots Executive Board
SIS Named Top Anesthesia Management Solution
North American Partners in Anesthesia Acquires Two Pennsylvania Practices
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Anesthesiologist to Know: Dr. Tom BlascoRead Now
- 5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Honors
- Barrington Pain and Spine Institute Gets State Approval for Spine Surgery Services
- Top 5 Specialty Physicians Who Offer Ancillary Services
- FOAA Anesthesia Services' Dr. Srinivas Sharma to Serve as Featured Panelist at Mid-Atlantic Anesthesia Research Conference
- FDA Recalls ARKON Anesthesia System With Version 2.0 Software