CMS Braces for 27% Mandated Sustainable Growth Rate Cut in 2013The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is preparing for the 27 percent cut to Medicare physician payments that will go into effect Jan. 1, 2013, if Congress does not act to preserve the sustainable growth rate, according the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Both CMS and ASA have expressed disappointment that Congress has failed to address the mandated Medicare cuts, but Congressional leaders have said the "fiscal cliff" takes precedence over addressing the SGR, according to the report.
Claims for services prior to Jan. 1 will be paid according to the current fee schedule, and providers have a legal obligation to pay claims within 14 days. CMS said it will notify health professionals before Jan. 11, 2013, with the status of the fee schedule.
More Articles on Anesthesia:
Ned Russell, Dr. Mark Rogers Named to SmartTots Executive Board
SIS Named Top Anesthesia Management Solution
North American Partners in Anesthesia Acquires Two Pennsylvania Practices
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association
- AbbVie, Galapagos Partner to Test Possible Chrohn's Disease Drug
- Making Hand Hygiene Personal: Caregiver-Specific Data to Improve Compliance