CMS Braces for 27% Mandated Sustainable Growth Rate Cut in 2013
Both CMS and ASA have expressed disappointment that Congress has failed to address the mandated Medicare cuts, but Congressional leaders have said the "fiscal cliff" takes precedence over addressing the SGR, according to the report.
Claims for services prior to Jan. 1 will be paid according to the current fee schedule, and providers have a legal obligation to pay claims within 14 days. CMS said it will notify health professionals before Jan. 11, 2013, with the status of the fee schedule.
More Articles on Anesthesia:
Ned Russell, Dr. Mark Rogers Named to SmartTots Executive Board
SIS Named Top Anesthesia Management Solution
North American Partners in Anesthesia Acquires Two Pennsylvania Practices
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Participants race to increase colon cancer awareness during 2017 Greater Chattanooga Rump Run 5K and Fun Walk: 4 takeaways
- US woman dies from superbug resistant to 26 antibiotics — 8 things to know
- Healthcare nanotechnology market to grow at a CAGR above 12% till 2024
- American Anesthesiology to exhibit at ASA's Practice Management 2017: 3 things to know
- Gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumor patients utilize combination therapy: 5 study insights