CMS Braces for 27% Mandated Sustainable Growth Rate Cut in 2013
Both CMS and ASA have expressed disappointment that Congress has failed to address the mandated Medicare cuts, but Congressional leaders have said the "fiscal cliff" takes precedence over addressing the SGR, according to the report.
Claims for services prior to Jan. 1 will be paid according to the current fee schedule, and providers have a legal obligation to pay claims within 14 days. CMS said it will notify health professionals before Jan. 11, 2013, with the status of the fee schedule.
More Articles on Anesthesia:
Ned Russell, Dr. Mark Rogers Named to SmartTots Executive Board
SIS Named Top Anesthesia Management Solution
North American Partners in Anesthesia Acquires Two Pennsylvania Practices
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 4 GI physicians in the news — July 29, 2016
- Takeda Pharmaceutical plans $725M R&D redesign: 5 things to know
- Dr. James Cottrell wins Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health's leadership award: 5 notes
- Anthem to add 9 ACA exchanges if Cigna deal passes: 4 takeaways
- Florida marks 1st state of local Zika mosquito transmission; 4 people infected — 5 things to know