Case Study: Creating an Anesthesia Staffing Model to Handle Increased ASC Case Volume
A multi-specialty surgery center had outgrown its currently location was relocating to a new facility capable of handling double the ASC's current case load. In order to prepare for an increase in procedures, the ASC had to ensure that they could competently meet the demands this growth would have on anesthesia services.
Somnia Anesthesia Services was brought in to oversee this transition. Immediately, an anesthesia team was placed in the old facility to become familiar with the ASC's surgeons and their practices. Creating an efficient staffing model to facilitate the center's expansion from five rooms to 11 was also necessary to ensure patient and surgeon.
By creating this model, the center was able to double its procedures to 11,400 annually.
Read the complete case study on providing effective anesthesia staffing to increase case volume (pdf).
Learn more about Somnia Anesthesia Services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers