ASA Plans $20M Relocation of Chicago Suburban Headquarters
The American Society of Anesthesiologists will relocate its longtime headquarters in Park Ridge, Ill., to the nearby suburb of Schaumburg as part of a plan to expand online and onsite training for members, according to a Chicago Real Estate Daily report.
The present location, a three-story, 33,000-square-foot building, houses 110 of the ASA's 130 employees. The new Schaumburg location will have 70,000 square feet, with the capacity to add a 30,000-square-foot education center for the group's 50,000 members, according to the report.
"Leadership wanted proximity to O'Hare (International Airport), and if we're going to build a training center, we need proximity to hotels and restaurants," said John Thorner, executive vice president. "The best property we found was this one in Schaumburg."
The project is expected to start in early 2013 and cost approximately $20 million, Mr. Thorner said. The ASA plans to sell its Park Ridge property, which it had inhabited since 1991, by 2014.
Related Articles on Anesthesia:World Report Compares Anesthesia Statistics and Practices
Ikaria Appoints Anesthesiologist to Chief Medical Officer Position
Las Vegas Anesthesiologist Launches Hangover Cure Business
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers