ASA Meets With CMS Administrator Dr. Don Berwick
The meeting focused on ASA's past leadership on patient safety and future commitment to improving patient care. The leaders also talked about ASA's concerns with current meaningful use requirements. According to the release, Dr. Berwick expressed an interest in addressing the issues anesthesiologists face with the current requirements.
The meeting also broached the subject of payment issues and other anesthesia-related issues, according to the release.
Read the ASA release on the meeting with Don Berwick.
Read more on the ASA:
-ASA President Dr. Mark Warner Discusses Evolution of Anesthesia Safety
-Smokers Experience More Pain After Ambulatory Surgery
-ASA Asks CMS to Revise Meaningful Use Criteria
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About