ASA Meets With CMS Administrator Dr. Don Berwick
On March 2, leadership from the American Society of Anesthesiologists met with CMS administrator Don Berwick, MD, MPP, and other CMS staff members to discuss patient safety, meaningful use and payment issues, according to an ASA news release.
The meeting focused on ASA's past leadership on patient safety and future commitment to improving patient care. The leaders also talked about ASA's concerns with current meaningful use requirements. According to the release, Dr. Berwick expressed an interest in addressing the issues anesthesiologists face with the current requirements.
The meeting also broached the subject of payment issues and other anesthesia-related issues, according to the release.
Read the ASA release on the meeting with Don Berwick.
Read more on the ASA:
-ASA President Dr. Mark Warner Discusses Evolution of Anesthesia Safety
-Smokers Experience More Pain After Ambulatory Surgery
-ASA Asks CMS to Revise Meaningful Use Criteria
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition