Anesthesiologist Compensation: 15 Statistics Based on Sex & Location
Median annual salary: $325,000
Based on sex
Male anesthesiologists: $335,000
Female anesthesiologists: $275,000
Based on location
North Central: $322,500
Great Lakes: $325,000
South Central: $325,000
Percent who feel fairly compensated: 63 percent
Percent invested in surgery centers: 11 percent
Percent considering ASC investment: 5 percent
Learn more about the Medscape compensation survey.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ASA's PAC Provides Financial Support For U.S. Congress Candidate Dr. Val ArkooshRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers