8 Statistics on 2010 Anesthesiologist Compensation
1. The average annual anesthesiologist salary was $362,450 in 2010.
2. The average annual salary for anesthesiologists with less than five years experience was $339,055, down from $357,780 in 2009.
Based on experience:
3. The average annual salary for anesthesiologists with 6-10 years experience was $330,192, down from $349,095 in 2009.
4. The average annual salary for anesthesiologists with over ten years experience was $377,121, up from $350,574 in 2009.
Based on gender:
5. The average annual salary for male anesthesiologists was $368,654, up from $365,062 in 2009.
6. The average annual salary for female anesthesiologists was $313,529, up from $310,620 in 2009.
Based on employment:
7. The average annual salary for anesthesiologists who were owners or partners of a practice or group was $405,346.
8. The average annual salary for anesthesiologists who were salaried employees was $337,187.
Learn more about compensation at Locumtenens.com.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.