57 Anesthesiologists File Suit Against Nevada Surgery Center
Fifty-seven anesthesiologists have filed a lawsuit against Seven Hills Surgery Center in Henderson, Nev., alleging that the surgery center violated their contracts by revoking their privileges when it hired Valley Anesthesiology Consultants to provide anesthesiology services for the center, according to a report in the Las Vegas Sun.
The suit also names the surgery center's owner, Rudy Manthei, MD; Promed Management Group, which operates the surgery center; Promed executive Jovana Lee; and Valley Anesthesiology Consultants as defendants.
The anesthesiologists claim that statements made by leaders of the surgery center regarding the quality of care provided by the anesthesiologists are defamatory.
The suit seeks to reinstate the anesthesiologists' privileges and requests compensatory and punitive damages.
Read the Las Vegas Sun's report on the anesthesiologists' suit against Seven Hills Surgery Center.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers