10 Anesthesiologists on the Move
1. Former Colorado State Defensive Back Becomes Anesthesiologist. Gregory Myers, MD, was named a two-time Academic All-American and a four-time Academic All-WAC honoree in 1995. He earned a bachelor's degree in biological sciences in 1996 and then went on to earn his medical degree from the University of Colorado in 2006. Dr. Myers now serves as an assistant professor at Denver Health Medical Center and plans to stay on the academic side of his profession.
2. El Paso Children's Hospital Appoints Chief Pediatric Anesthesiologist. El Paso (Texas) Children's Hospital announced that Marc Orlandi, MD, will serve as chief pediatric anesthesiologist. He previously worked with Providence Memorial Hospital in El Paso. Bringing more than 13 years of experience as a pediatric anesthesiologist, Dr. Orlandi will be responsible for the needs of operating rooms, MRI and procedures for patients in hematology and oncology. He will supervise a team of three anesthesiologists: William McIlvaine, MD, Tom Poulton, MD, and Vera Barbosa, MD.
3. Ikaria Appoints Anesthesiologist to Chief Medical Officer Position. Ikaria, a critical care company focused on developing therapies for critically ill patients, has appointed Joseph Stauffer, DO, chief medical officer. Dr. Stauffer will be responsible for all medical, patient safety, risk management, and regulatory activities surrounding the company's products. Dr. Stauffer previously served as chief medical officer at PharmacoFore, a California-based biopharmaceutical company.
4. Las Vegas Anesthesiologist Launches Hangover Cure Business. Jason Burke, MD, has launched a traveling business that promises to cure patients' hangovers in less than an hour. He offers to hydrate patients with hangovers at popular Las Vegas hotels via a large bus with two lounge areas and six bunks. Dr. Burke's medications are all FDA approved, and the business offers fully-trained medical staff and medical services.
5. Chicago Anesthesiologist to Fill Staffing Shortage in Niger Hospital. An anesthesiologist from the Chicago suburbs will spend two weeks providing medical support and delivering donated equipment to a children's hospital in Niger. Lawrence Lavine, MD, of Crystal Lake, has taken part in medical mission work for the past 20 years. This will be his second year working through CURE International, administering anesthetics for cleft lip repairs and other procedures.
6. Arizona Anesthesiologist Named Chief Strategy Office of Health Software Company. Health Business Intelligence has named Gregory Wong, MD, chief strategy officer. Dr. Wong, an anesthesiologist, will coordinate all products and services strategy for the healthcare software technology company. Specializing in regional anesthesia, Dr. Wong practices at several hospitals in the Phoenix area and has served as VP of finance for Red Mountain Anesthesiologists in Mesa, Ariz., for 13 years.
7. Medical College of Wisconsin Names Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology. Jeffrey Quintana, MD, was appointed assistant professor of anesthesiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Quintana, who is board certified in anesthesiology with a clinical interest in pain medicine, practices at the Pain Management Centers at Froedtert Hospital and the Clement J. Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
8. Parkview Lagrange (Ind.) Hospital Appoints Anesthesiologist to Staff. Parkview LaGrange (Ind.) Hospital recently appointed Jeffrey Barr, MD, to its medical staff. Dr. Barr is an anesthesiologist and pain management specialist and a member of Ortho NorthEast's PainONE medical practice in Fort Wayne. He formerly served as a major in the U.S. Air Force and as a pain medicine consultant to the surgeon general of the Air Force.
9. Anesthesiologist Appointed to Medical College of Wisconsin Faculty. Christopher Deyo, MD, has been named assistant professor of anesthesiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Deyo currently provides care at Froedtert Hospital and Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center. Prior to joining the college faculty, he completed both his residency and a fellowship in critical care anesthesia at the Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals.
10. North American Partners in Anesthesia Announces New CFO. North American Partners in Anesthesia announced last week that Kenneth M. Miles will serve as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Mr. Miles, who brings nearly 20 years of experience as a healthcare CFO, will partner with the senior management team and NAPA's private equity sponsor to help manage the company's lending relationships. Mr. Miles will also oversee the company's accounting, IT and revenue cycle functions.
Related Articles on Anesthesia:Saint Francis Hospital Honors Anesthesiology Group
El Paso Children's Hospital Appoints Chief Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Managing Compensation for Anesthesiologists, CRNAs and AAs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- HSHS Medical, Sangamon Associated Anesthesiologists Collaborate for Enhanced Surgical Services in Illinois
- New England Baptist Outpatient Care Center Goes Live With Anesthesia Touch
- Mexican Company Acquires Assets of Medical Imaging System Maker Naviscan
- MedVenture Names Mitch Moeller CEO
- Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic Earns AAAHC Accreditation